Friday, March 18, 2011

More 10mm Soviets

I completed the second (of three) batches of 10mm Soviets last night. This one includes 8 APCs and three armoured cars, all by Minifigs.

I received a request for "greener" colours on this batch and have obliged. It is a bit difficult to tell from these pictures but here is a side-by-side of this batch (left) versus the first batch (right). The newer batch is greener.

I spent some time on the web trying to figure out how to assemble the armour cars with rockets on them and I think I got it right.

Up next: I have four goblin warband done and drying. I am building the last of the Soviets--assembling the Hinds is daunting! I also have a bunch of 1/72-scale War of 1812 Brits that I just mounted on paint sticks and the remainder of my 28mm vikings built and awaiting priming.

3 comments:

Scott M said...

The camo pattern is really nice. How exactly did you do it as I might use that on my 15mm scifi stuff.

Anonymous said...

Love the pattern. What will you use them for?

Bob Barnetson said...

Primed white, overall wash of an acrylic green (medium foliage green, I think), then a wash of the darker stripes (ivy green, I think) then details the tires and missiles and then washed with the dip.