Monday, March 26, 2012

More 28mm renaissance

I finally managed to work my way through five bases of 28mm renaissance halberders . These are GW Empire troops that I got in a job lot. For some reason I only took pictures of four of the bases. Oh well!

I was happier with how these guys turned out than the last batch of renaissance. I spent more time varying the colours and patterns, although there are a lot of stripes (nature of the sculpts).

I think GW did a very nice job putting character into these faces. As a job lot of bits, there was a lot of mix-and-matching here. Not sure where the pirate head came from--perhaps it is standard GW issue?

I have a couple more boxes of renaissance foot to work my way through. I will likely do them up in a more uniform manner as if they were the troops of a particular noble or city.

Up next: I have a bunch of 28mm Malifaux that I am working through and quite enjoying. I hope to have the hill-billy goblins done by this weekend and then onto the second group.

2 comments:

Tim said...

These look great, you've brought out the character really well. The pirate head is from the GW Mordheim mercenaries/Empire Milita sprue

Bob Barnetson said...

Ah, the joys of a job-lot! I'm actually quite happy to have the variety although I did not notice the piratical look of the head while i was assembling (doing it production line to maximize variation)--only when I started painting. "Yaaar, there be landschenks over thar way."