Monday, April 23, 2012

28mm renaissance musketeers

I finished nine 28mm renaissance figures this weekend. These are older GW empire troops I got at a swap meet a year or so ago. I did two bases of musketeers and one command stand. 


I've tended to paint the renaissance figures in a mix of colours so I chose a theme for these fellows, thinking they might make a useful troop in quasi-livery. These are on 60mm frontages for HoTT.


I also put together about another 20 renaissance fellows I found (more GW empire) and have those primed. I will putter away at those over the next few weeks, although I find the good weather, my garden and my bicycle to be highly distracting!


Up next: A game of Memoir 44 using Star Wars with Bruce on Tuesday. Then perhaps more renaissance fellows--we'll see what looks interesting. I'm getting down to the bottom of my paint pile so my selection is getting thin. I may pick up a few fellows at the MayDay silent auction, though.

4 comments:

tim said...

Gosh, Bob... Your stuff just keeps getting better and better... Very nicely done!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks Tim. I'm trying to go a bit slower and get a better result. I'm also spending more time on banners, following the Tim School in this regard (tuition is cheap, but the master, he beats us so!)

Dave said...

I believe those are actually the most recent Empire figs, you can tell from the relative size of the guns. They seem to grow about 20% per edition (perhaps in line with their price).

Bob Barnetson said...

Glad to see that folks are getting more for their money. Yes, their guns are enormous, especially compared with the Perry figures I have.