Sunday, January 13, 2013

Some 28mm Saxons

Each year, the club runs an auction at our annual convention (MayDay). This year, I have agreed to run the auction (with help, thank goodness) and guys have started giving me stuff already. Will has trolled through his abandoned projects and left me quite a bunch of figures. 

At the auction, he gets 90% of the take and the club gets 10%. Looking through Will's box, I ran across a bag of built, but largely unpainted, 28mm Saxons and I offered to finish them for him. He (and the club) should realize more money and I get to do some fun painting.


This first batch of eight figures were the ones Will had mostly painted. I did some touch ups (e.g., added the white to the shields, finished the trim, added stripes to tunics), washed them and based them. These are Gripping Beast plastics and they are really lovely (much nicer sculpting than the Wargames Factory guys).


The other 34 (or so) guys were just black primed and they are one day behind this bunch. I had to scavenge some shields and do all of the painting. There is much greater variety in the shields of the next bunch.


Up next: Some more Saxons, EWG club night and then perhaps onto some 1/72 British/Canadians from the 19th century. I found a whole bunch of figures in a game of War: Age of Imperialism that I need to sort out and give some thought to.

3 comments:

Squig Hunter said...

Nice work. Interesting designs on the shields.

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks--those are Will's. I've just posted the rest and they have more "Bob painted these..." designs. :)

Unknown said...

This year, I have agreed to run the auction (with help, thank goodness) and guys have started giving me stuff already. Will has trolled through his abandoned projects and left me quite a bunch of figures.

painters edmonton