Friday, June 27, 2014

1/72-scale Char B and FT-17

These are the first of the French troops for my France 1940 Memoir game. These are an old Matchbox kit (so 1/76-scale). I'm not super-keen on the FT-17 paint job and will likely add a second colour in a bit--painted them to illustrate a later post).


I have two more kits like this to get enough French tanks for all of the scenarios in the campaign book. These were reasonably easy kits but the instructions are all in Chinese so I am working just from the exploding diagrams. I expect the next two bunches should go a bit easier!

Up next: Not sure--likely an article on painting armour using stains and a white base. Then onto some more troops and guns while I put together a larger order for reinforcements.

1 comment:

Terry Silverthorn said...

Hey Bob, I have several French tanks already done in those scales..but don't let me stop you having fun putting together more. If you do need something early war, give me a shout