Saturday, February 7, 2015

Club Night Feb 3

We had about 17 guys out at the club this week with a huge variety of games. Neil and Dan played Tide of Iron (which I haven't seen out in a couple of years--I think).


There was also a game of DBA 3.0.


We had a pair of Warmachiners.


Terry hosted an ill-fated Zombie Game in the Depths of Winter.


Bruce brought out World at War, with the Canadians facing down the Soviet onslaught. Newcomer Comrade Taylor didn't exactly make any friends by kicking the hell out of the Canadians pretty much from the get go. (He gets the Fallcon dice next time!)


A double pulse by the Soviet armour the first turn combined with lousy dice on our side meant the Canadian left folded up. We were making some progress blunting the Soviet's advance by the end of the game (when we finally started to get average results out of the dice!) but I'd say it was a pretty clear win for our new Communist Overlords. A tough last night at the club for Andy who is off to the far east for a few years.


Up next: I have some more 54mm guy ready to show off and I am working my way through a bunch of British Grenadiers.

4 comments:

Phil said...

Nice looking games!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks Phil. Yeah, the quality has really come up over the years!

Spiderweb of History said...

What did you guys find bad about Dead of Winter? I've been looking at picking it up and am curious as to your thoughts on it.

Bob Barnetson said...

I'v employed it once and I quite enjoyd it. Losing the game to the zombies was the origin of the "ill-fated" comment.